- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 6 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (about 2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Lightly butter 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan. Melt butter and chocolate in heavy medium saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate mixture is smooth. Cool.Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in chocolate mixture, vanilla and salt. Add flour; beat just until blended. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top. Sprinkle top with walnuts. Bake until tester inserted into center comes out with crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer pan to rack; cool completely.
1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 lbs chicken breasts
4 tablespoons butter
1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
1⁄4 teaspoon garlic clove, minced
1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
4 tablespoons curry powder
2 cups chicken broth
3Tbsp scotch bonnet pepper sauce
1Tbsp ground ginger
1Tbsp fresh oregano
Fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
Remove any bones or skin from the chicken breasts. Cut into 1 inch cubes.
Heat half the butter in a Dutch oven over medium high heat sautee the chicken till slightly golden and add onion and garlic. Cook about 1 or 2 minutes, then add bell pepper. Cook another minute then season with curry powder, scotch bonnet pepper, ground ginger and stir. Add the broth and stir until liquid is well blended. Salt to taste and simmer 10 minutes. Add shrimp and oregano and cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring. Reduce till thick and serve with a side of your choice.